23 Positive Affirmations for Teachers and Educators in 2023
I feel 2023 is a bones day year. Noodle the TikTok sensation inspired people across the world in 2022 with his morning 'bones day' or 'no bones day' predictions. He became a viral sensation towards the end of 2021 and helped many navigate the challenges of 2021 and 2022. Noodle, a rescue pug owned by Jon Graziano, passed away in 2022 and by crossing the rainbow bridge he set us all up for a year full of bones days.
It's a Bones Day!
To help nudge us over into a positive start, I've written 23 Positive Affirmations to inspire you moving forward. Write them in your Personal Reflections of an Educator Journals or you can write them on notes and put them on mirror or your door to remind you as you leave for the day.
- Today is a phenomenal day.
- I am successful.
- I am confident.
- I am powerful.
- I am strong.
- I give myself permission to do what is right for me.
- I feel proud of myself when I ______________.
- I allow myself to be who I am without judgment or criticism.
- I give myself the care and attention that I deserve.
- I am good at helping others to [fill in the blank].
- I am always headed in the right direction.
- I trust that I am on the right path.
- I am creatively inspired by the world around me.
- My mind is filled with bright ideas.
- I trust myself to make the right decision.
- I am becoming closer to my true self every day.
- I am at peace with who I am as a person.
- I make a difference in the world by simply existing in it.
- All I need is within me right now.
- I wake up motivated.
- I am living with abundance.
- I am having a positive and inspiring impact on the people I come into contact with.
- I am inspiring people through my work.
And for fun, Jon wrote a book which can be found here:
I fell in love with Noodle and I can't wait to use this book in my preschool class. Noodle the pug and his human as they navigate Noodle’s first No Bones Day—a day for being kind to yourself! And being kind is what I will definitely be nurturing in my students and myself in 2023.
Noodle is a sweet, silly old pug who enjoys doing all his favorite activities with his favorite human, Jonathan. But one day when Jonathan goes to take Noodle on his morning walk, he finds Noodle still comfortable in bed. When Jonathan lifts Noodle up, Noodle just flops over. It’s almost like Noodle woke up without any bones!
Noodle isn’t sick or sad—but he also isn’t interested in going for walks or sitting outside (he will accept snacks, though). Today, all he needs are extra snuggles and belly rubs. Jonathan soon learns that not every day can be a Bones Day, and sometimes a No Bones Day is exactly what you need to get through the week.
(adapted from the Simon and Schuster website)