2021 Teacher and Educator Gift Giving Guide!
Yes, it is that time of year again and you find yourself deciding what to get your child’s teacher or educator for their end of year present. While it can be a tedious process, it does not have to be, here at Reflections of an Educator we have done the work for you!
While educators and teachers do not undertake this job with the expectation of a gift, as parents we sometimes want to acknowledge the care and support that they have shown our children and our families throughout the year.
Teachers and educators are caring, nurturing, accepting and all-around kind people, therefore whatever gift you choose, it will no doubt be appreciated.
The team at Reflections of an Educator are educators, teachers and parents and we have come together and complied a list of ten things your child’s educator will LOVE.
Be your educator’s favourite parent this year.
10.Bottle of wine with a personalised wine glass - make sure they actually do drink and find out their favourite style of wine. You can ask their colleagues to do some sneaky reconnaissance on your behalf. If all else fails, just grab the grooviest looking bottle / label (that's how Gaby picks her wine 9 times out of 10!). To personalise the gift, you can add a decorative glass, maybe even with their name embossed.
9. Support a small business – Teachers are inundated with unhealthy snacks at the end of the year, so why not get them a healthy platter from a local café or business for morning tea. This way you can thank the entire team and they they can put in the staff room! (Make sure it is Covid-19 safe). Even an gift hamper with goodies in it would be an awesome team gift.
8. Gift Cards or Vouchers– Let teachers and educators choose their own gift. This idea works especially well if they are challenging to buy for or you want them to give the freedom to purchase what they want.
7. Stationary – One thing that can never go astray is stationary! You could include, coloured markers, writing pens, highlighters, stickers, post-it notes and washi tape. As educators we LOVE good old sticky post it notes.
6. Keep it Cup – Most educators and teachers live on coffee or tea! Giving a Keep It Cup is a thoughtful and sustainable gift they can use all year round. For those that don't drink tea or coffee there are some cute metal insulated glasses with metal straws.
5. A massage voucher – Let us be honest, with the amount of time educators spend on their feet and lifting heavy things all day – if anyone deserves a treat it is teachers!
4. A movie voucher – who does not like to put their feet up and relax? Giving your educators a movie voucher will allow them to go to a show of their choice and give them a great day or night out.
3. Draw a special picture - Simply ask your child to draw a special picture or write a letter to their teacher. This is the kind of gift that makes a teacher’s heart swell!
2. Reflections of an Educator Diary and Calendar – Giving teachers and educators one of these amazing diaries or calendars will allow them to plan their year. Our updated edition has some new features as well as trusted favourites! This perpetual diary features daily pages to organise and plan your time, sections for personal reflection, notes, and even pages to keep our post-it notes safe.
1. Reflective Journal -The Reflections of an Educator Journals are designed for educators to personalise. Teachers are all unique, therefore the reflection journals give them the freedom to write, draw, paint, doodle, and colour-in our illustrations to make this journal your very own tool for personal reflection. Each journal is as unique as the person using it.
Whatever you do- do not buy chocolate, mugs or candles! They get enough of these to sink a ship!